Sunday, November 1, 2015

#Burghosphere and BoldPittsburgh.com

This November is National Blogging Month (which I didn't know was a real thing until someone told me, so woo-hoo!), and THOUGHT IN MIND has been asked to participate in The Best of Burghosphere, an awards event that celebrates the best of Pittsburgh-based bloggers doing what they do best. It's all the brainchild of Most Wanted Fine Art in Bloomfield, which supports the arts locally in more ways than can be mentioned in one brief post. So we'll just have to follow up with a longer one at some point!

Anyway, I was asked to designate an award for another one of the participant blogs - BoldPittsburgh.com - and say why I'm nominating them for this award.


BOLD Pittsburgh is a group of young (or at least younger than me) Pittsburghers touting all of the best of our city - our food, our entertainment, our relationships, our events, with a little dash of snark to level things out - and my favorite page is their "About Us" page. I'm not kidding.

Because they're freaking beautiful. Don't believe me? Go hit up that link and see. I'm thinking they aren't calling enough attention to themselves. It's okay, that's what I'm here for folks.

The rest is fun too: sharp, quick, witty and to the point. They let you know fast what's out there, what you should be experiencing, and why you should be doing so. I also liked their Snark Princess post entitled "Emotionally Unavailable" because I'm in touch with my own emotions, and I'm readily available. (Did you read that, BOLD staff? Call me. You won't regret it. ;^D )

BOLD Pittsburgh is hereby nominated for the "Bold & Beautiful in the Burgh!" Award. Because...damn. Look at them! (And read them too. Beauty is more than monitor deep.)

*     *     *     *     *     *

Please come out to Most Wanted Fine Art and help them celebrate the art of blogging all month long! The festivities kick off on Friday, November 6th as their latest exhibit The Art of Blogging debuts during this month's Unblurred Gallery Crawl from 6-10pm. This one is free too...and you'll get to see some artwork by some of your favorite local bloggers like *cough-cough* me! The exhibit will be up throughout the month of November too, so you have no excuse not to see it.

There will be two awards ceremonies you can attend (a 21+ event on Friday the 20th, and a family-friendly event on Sunday the 22nd) where there will be refreshments, entertainment, and more for the suggested donation of $5. You can't go wrong, and if you buy a shirt it's your ticket to the awards!

Come on out and celebrate #Burghosphere folks. Be BOLD, Pittsburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment